1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies for data processing by:
Nölken Hygiene Products GmbH (hereinafter: Nölken)
Klarenplatz 2, 53578 Windhagen
Phone: +49 2645 9527-0
Fax: +49 2645 9527-33
Nölken’s data protection officer can be reached at the following address
dhpg IT-Services GmbH, Bunsenstr. 10a, 51647 Gummersbach, FAO Dr. Christian Lenz, or at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02261-8195-0.
2. Rights of data subjects
You have the right to:
- obtain information from us concerning whether or not your personal data are being processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR. Insofar as we process your data, you may obtain in particular information concerning the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria used to determine that period, the existence of the right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your data insofar as such data was not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about the details thereof;
- obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data or completion of incomplete personal data which we hold concerning you in accordance with Art. 16 of the GDPR;
- obtain the erasure of personal data which we hold concerning you in accordance with Art. 17 of the GDPR, insofar as processing is not required in particular for exercising of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 of the GDPR, insofar as you contest the accuracy of the personal data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose their erasure, and we no longer require the data, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds override your interests;
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request transmission to another controller in accordance with Art. 20 of the GDPR insofar as processing is based on your consent or on a contract and processing is carried out by automated means;
- withdraw your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7(3) of the GDPR. As a result of this, we shall not be permitted to continue data processing based on your consent with effect for the future. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR. In general, you can contact the supervisory authority in your place of habitual residence or place of work or the place of our registered office for this.
3. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with point (e) or (f) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR, then you have the right, in accordance with Art. 21 of the GDPR, to object to processing of personal data concerning you on grounds relating to your particular situation or to object to direct marketing. In the former case, we shall no longer process your data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or our processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which shall be implemented without indication of a specific situation. If you would like to exercise your right to withdraw consent or your right to object, an email to email@example.com is sufficient.
4. Disclosure of data
Your data shall not be disclosed to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We shall only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent for this in accordance with point (a) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR,
- disclosure is required in accordance with point (f) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an interest in the non-disclosure of your data which requires protection,
- disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation in accordance with point (c) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR, and
- this is permitted by law and necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party in accordance with point (b) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR.
In addition, our processors receive your personal data for processing in accordance with instructions, insofar as this is required for fulfilment of the order. Our processors do not have their own right of use in relation to your data.
5. Data security
Within the context of the website visit, we use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, then we rely on 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether the individual pages of our website are transmitted with encryption from the closed image of the key or lock symbol and from the use of https before the address of our (sub-)site. We otherwise make use of appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss in part or in full, deletion, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
6. Third countries
We will only transfer data to third countries in accordance with the statutory provisions.
The admissibility of data transfer to third countries shall conform to Art. 44 et seq. of the GDPR. If we transfer your data to a third country, you will be informed about the particular processing, specifying the applicable legal provision, in the special data protection information.
Special data protection information for data processing on the website
1. When visiting the website
When you access our website, information is automatically sent to our website servers by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded here and stored until automatic erasure without any action on your part:
- IP address of the computer sending the request,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file accessed,
- Website from which the page was accessed (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, where applicable, the operating system on your computer, as well as the name of your access provider.
We process these data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth establishment of the connection to the website,
- Ensuring convenient use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, and
- Other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is point (f) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in the operation of our website and the associated presentation of our company.
Your data is erased as soon as it is no longer required for the specified purpose, and after 6 months at the latest.
2. When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the option of getting in touch with us using the contact form provided. This requires you to enter a valid email address and your name so that we know who the enquiry is coming from and are able to respond to it.
When the contact form is completed, we process the personal data you have provided only for the purpose of responding to your enquiry and/or for initiation, legitimation, modification and shaping of the content of any contractual relationships, unless
- we explicitly inform you of additional purposes and you have consented to such a use,
- processing is done for a purpose which is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
- processing is done on the basis of a legal obligation of an administrative or court order, or
- processing is done for the establishment or protection of a legal claim or for defence against illegal activities.
We will neither sell or market your personal data to third parties nor disclose it for other reasons.
By sending your message, you declare that you consent to the processing of the data you have provided for the purpose of handling of your enquiry and/or for initiation, legitimation, modification and shaping of the content of any contractual relationships. Data processing for the purposes of contacting us is done in accordance with point (a) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent or for the initiation or fulfilment of contractual relationships in accordance with point (b) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR. The personal data which we collect for use of the contact form will be automatically erased once the enquiry you submitted has been handled and will only be stored for the duration of a legal retention period, if one exists.
3. When submitting an application
Ensuring the greatest possible protection of your personal data is important to Nölken. All personal data which is collected and processed within the context of an application to Nölken are protected against unauthorised access and manipulation through technical and organisational measures. We require your personal data in the application documents in order to be able to take you into consideration as an applicant in the application process and in order to determine whether you will be considered as an employee in our company. If you provide information which goes beyond this required information, then you provide this information voluntarily and declare that you consent to its processing.
The legal bases for data processing are therefore points (a) and (b) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR. Withdrawal of consent is possible at any time. You can email your withdrawal of consent to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
After the end of the application process, we store your documents for a further 4 months for evidence purposes.
For possible conclusion of a contract, you are required to provide us with your personal data in the application documents. We are otherwise not able to take you into consideration in the application process.
4. Cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other third-party elements
a) Necessary first-party cookies
The use of our necessary first-party cookies serves to make the use of our website more convenient for you. We currently use the following cookies for this purpose: PHPSESSID and csrf_https-contao_csrf_token.
In addition, we use temporary cookies for the optimisation of user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a defined period of time. If you visit our website again in order to take advantage of our services, then the fact that you have previously visited the website and whether you accepted or rejected cookies is detected so that you do not have to make this choice again. These data are erased after 6 months at the latest.
We process your data on the basis of our legitimate interest in the public image of our company through the website accessed by you and for the promotion of user-friendliness. The legal basis for processing is point (f) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept these cookies. However, you can configure your browser such that no cookies are stored on your computer or such that a notice always appears before such a cookie is created. Complete deactivation of cookies may result in failure to correctly display the website or in you not being able to use all of the functions of our website, however.
b) Third-party cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other third-party elements
The third-party cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other third-party elements which we use and which are listed below are only used with your express consent and are therefore used on the basis of point (a) of Art. 6(1) of the GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future. However, failure to grant consent or withdrawal of consent may result in failure to correctly display the website or in you not being able to use all of the functions of the website.
We want to ensure tailoring and continuous optimisation of our website through the third-party cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other third-party elements which we use. In addition, we use tracking measures in order to statistically record and evaluate the use of our website for the purpose of optimisation of our website for you.
You can find the respective functional descriptions, any recipients of the data, information concerning possible transfer to a third country and the duration of storage in the following information concerning the individual processing operations envisaged for third-party cookies, analysis tools, plugins and other third-party elements.
(1) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland; hereinafter referred to as “Google”) for the purposes of tailoring and continuous optimisation of our website. Pseudonymised usage profiles are generated and cookies (see point 4) are used in this connection. The information concerning your use of this website generated by the cookies, such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previous website visited),
- Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server query
is communicated to a Google server and stored there.
The information is used in order to analyse the use of the website, in order to compile reports on website activities and in order to provide other services in connection with use of the website and Internet use for the purposes of market research and tailoring of this website. Your IP address is not under any circumstances amalgamated with any other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymised so that association is not possible (IP masking).
You can withdraw your consent at any time in the cookie banner which we use. You can find more information about data protection in connection with Google Analytics in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
We use plugins from YouTube LLC (901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA), a subsidiary of Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA), on our website in order to raise awareness of our company through YouTube.
The plugins are indicated by a YouTube logo, for example in the form of a “YouTube camera” or a “Play” button.
We integrate these plugins using the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website to the greatest extent possible. This means that your personal data (in particular your IP address) is not communicated to YouTube simply by accessing the website. Rather, you must first activate the integrated “buttons” and videos by clicking on them. By clicking, you consent to the establishment of a connection to the YouTube servers. You can withdraw your consent by reloading the website.
Through this connection, YouTube receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a YouTube profile or are not currently logged in to YouTube.
This information (including your IP address) is communicated by your browser directly to a YouTube server in the USA and is stored there. If you are logged in to YouTube, then YouTube can directly associate the visit to our website with your YouTube account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the “YouTube” button, then this information is likewise communicated directly to the YouTube server and stored there. The information is also published on your YouTube account and displayed to your contacts there.
If you do not want the data collected through our website to be directly associated with your YouTube account, then you must log out of YouTube before activating the plugin.
The data are transferred to the USA as a third country with your consent in accordance with point (a) of Art. 49(1) of the GDPR if you have given your consent after we have informed you about the absence of or limited possibilities for legal protection where applicable and the reduced data protection in the USA in comparison with the EU.